- Organization Name: Saint-Gobain Research India Pvt Ltd.
- Location of Posting: Chennai
- Please send in your applications to :
Research Specialist - Coated Abrasives
Objective of the Position
Methodically conducts experiments for product development and process establishment in the Abrasives business.
- Develops SOPs and database for knowledge building.
- Strives to observe and interpret basic signatures of the process and communicates the same.
- Adherence to 5S and EHS norms of the organization.
- Answers the needs of the business in India through technical support, database building, and process improvements.
- Tests new concepts under the guidance of SREs to ensure continuous improvement of products and processes to help the business.
- Performs regular maintenance and up-keep of equipment and machinery.
- Communicates with external vendors of Saint-Gobain.
- Maintains documentation related to products and processes.
Efficient equipment commissioning, engineering, lab management, inventory management, and troubleshooting.
- Planning and conducting experiments (raw material supply, EHS etc.) as per project needs of the local and global businesses.
- Establishing and standardizing lab procedures and processes.
- Seeking new vendors and maintaining contacts.
Skill & Knowledge (Mandatory)
B. Tech (Textiles) or B.Tech (Chemical Engineer). 2 yrs hands on experience on textile machinery and process control is a must.
- Hands on experience of 2-3 years in textile finishing, chemicals, textile coatings/composites, textile machinery and in process control.
- Ability to develop a test method, an experimental approach, develop SOPs, execute experiments with assistance, collect data, interpret results, report and maintain data.
- Knowledge on mechanical and electrical maintenance of standard lab equipment and process line is a must..
- Willing to travel, if required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to network with vendors. Spoken English is a must. Regional language added advantage.
- Must be able to work with operational safety and do chemical maintainence and inventory maintenance
- Passion to learn new things. Self-motivated and self-driven.
- Ability to use MS office and related software.
Apply NowPlease send in your applications to :