Saint-Gobain is launching a new version of its corporate website, www.saint-gobain.com.
Designed to provide improved user pathways, it is an online showcase for the entire Group, and takes full account of mobile Internet.
This new website includes five major innovations:
- Employing full responsive web design (RWD), it adapts intelligently to mobile devices (tablets and smartphones), to make navigation and reading easier by automatically resizing content to the screen format. Designed for touchscreen navigation, all content can be consulted with the same level of ease whatever the device used (PC, smartphone, tablet or TV).
- The editorial content has been enriched with numerous computer graphics, images and high-resolution videos designed to be easier to access, view and improve the user experience. A "Stories" concept has been introduced to present Saint-Gobain's major international projects via testimonials.
- Social networks (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram) occupy a central role in the site to allow for easier and more visible information sharing.
- Thematic sequences (Habitat and city of the future, Sustainable construction, Habitat innovations, etc.) are used to bring in selected external web content using the technology developed by Scoop.it. This French start-up was the recipient of an award at the 2012 Netexplo Forum, the global observatory on digital society.
- A powerful search engine, based on Google technology, means searches on Saint-Gobain products and services encompass the Group's almost 1,000 brand, Activity, country, Habitat, Multi-Comfort, etc. websites.
In short, Saint-Gobain's new corporate website, www.saint-gobain.com
, aims to be fully accessible on mobile devices and open to all other Group online resources (mobile apps, social networks, etc.). For this project, Saint-Gobain worked with X-PRIME, a pure-player, online marketing and communication agency that joined the JWT Paris network (WPP group) in April 2014.
Download the press release